Smarter Alloys is seeking a motivated individual with experience designing, building, and testing electromechanical devices to join our team of innovators. The current opportunity is a permanent, full time Mechatronics Engineer position for our Waterloo, Ontario location. If you enjoy designing control systems, building robotics, or advanced manufacturing, and are looking to be the vanguard of smart materials innovation we have the opportunity for you.
- Design, build and test mechatronic devices using programmable shape memory alloy technology
- Develop advanced manufacturing methods and processes for high volume production
- Lead multidisciplinary project teams to deliver innovative projects on time
- Support procurement and commissioning of automation and manufacturing equipment
- Support marketing and business development, production, quality, and research and development efforts
- Work independently in goal oriented environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechatronics, Mechanical, Electrical, Systems Engineering (or equivalent work experience)
- Experience in 3D design (AutoDesk) and design for manufacturing principles
- Experience developing control systems, automation, and instrumentation
- Literate in computer programming (C++)
- Ability to present and communicate ideas, integrate feedback and work in diverse teams
- Ability to work independently in a high pressure environment with competing priorities
- Strong background in materials science with experience in shape memory alloys
- Experience with laser processing and advanced manufacturing
- Experience with MATLAB software, data acquisition (DAQ), and Finite Element Analysis
About Smarter Alloys
Smarter Alloys is at the forefront of the smart materials revolution. An innovator in shape memory materials, Smarter Alloys is enabling a transformation in design and utility of products and devices used by everyone, everywhere. Smarter Alloys’ Multiple Memory Material™ technology unlocks the full potential of shape memory alloys to be materials that truly function like machines. With applications ranging from wearable technology to medical devices, Multiple Memory Material is a platform technology that expands the application space of shape memory materials across a wide range of industries, including medical/dental, automotive, consumer electronics and sporting goods.
Making smart materials smarter: The future of shape memory materials is here, and the future is smart. Smarter Alloys’ innovation has enabled several breakthroughs in the world of smart materials, including:
- Shape memory effect actuation at multiple temperatures in the same device
- Multiple psuedoelastic stress plateaus in the same device
- High spatial resolution shape memory effect and pseudoelasticity programming
- Hybrid shape memory effect and psuedoelastic devices
Interested candidates are invited to apply directly to email@example.com. We will give full consideration to all candidates, but only those suitable for this opportunity will be contacted.